Tuesday 1 February 2011

New Products!

Finally I have completed some new products. After months of saying 'don't judge me on my University work' here are a couple of products which fulfill the needs of what I think is important in good furniture design. 

I find that many young furniture designers seem to settle into the idea that being innovative and elaborate are the key ingredients which will make a product 'good'; this is exactly where I was a number of months ago. There are many downfalls to this idea, i.e. a compromise in functionality, increased costs and a reduced client base. I want to design and manufacture products which are functional, durable, well considered, beautiful and at a more affordable cost then the majority of designer furniture. 

My new products will be elegant yet modest, designed in a style which will fit into a broader range of modern interiors. I am a firm believer that 'good design' should be owned by all, hence making all attempts to reduce costs through a refined and well thought through manufacturing process.

Here are my first two pieces:

Floor Standing Lamp
Shelving Unit (two metres tall), available with colour lacquered shelves

I am always working on new products, so within the following few weeks expect to see a number of new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment