Monday 14 February 2011

Tyler Hays - Independent designer and founder of the American furniture design brand BDDW

I had never heard of this designer or brand before today, though I now have much respect for Tyler and his designer furniture label BDDW. It seems like he has had a complicated and at times distressing business life but has pulled through as a distinguished high-end furniture designer maker/manufacturer. Tyler owns an enviable company with a large manufacturing premesis and a chic city showroom. Most interestingly for me he has done so whilst keeping all of his manufacturing in America, rather then outsourcing to cheaper countries such as China; this is uncommon and certainly something to admire, I also aim to do the same.

Below is a link to a Tyler Hays interview, if you have some spare time I encourage you to have a read.

How Tyler Hays created an indie furniture empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment