Sunday 6 March 2011

Auctioned Walnut Plant Table

During my university education I received some financial support from The Samuel Lee charity based in my home village of Geddington, Northamptonshire to help cover the costs of materials used.

Their help really did make a difference. As a note of my appreciation I recently donated an item of furniture for them to auction at their annual charity lunch, so that other people can benefit from the charity's great work, just as I did.

The plant/side table I provided is to be found in my current collection. However this table was unique in that it was made of walnut, a timber I rarely use, and sourced from my village timber yard and grown in the Duke of Buccleuch's estate, Boughton House.



1 comment:

  1. Just like you, I my self also received financial support from organization in my local hometown. You did a good thing to appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete